[Pdns-users] installating powerdns - recurse agains root servers

Scott M. Likens damm at livid.dk
Sat Jul 25 07:27:24 UTC 2009

Hi Michael,

Just make sure you have this set in your pdns.conf,

allow-recursion=10.1.10.0/24,192.168.0.0/16
recursor=127.0.0.1

Then configure powerdns to run on your main interface,  for example

local-address=10.1.10.200

Then lastly, configure powerdns recursor to listen on 127.0.0.1, such as

(in recursor.conf)

local-address=127.0.0.1

then start the recursor, then start powerdns... and query 127.0.0.1 on
your local server, and have your clients hit your public ip
(10.1.10.200 for example) and enjoy.

Regards,

Scott