[Pdns-users] Project back-end admin for powerdns

Julian Pawlowski lists at propenguin.net
Sun Apr 19 14:36:41 UTC 2009

Hi Kenneth,

thnx for your clarification :-)

Gave it a try - just a short feedback about some issues I run into
when running it as an application via Apache/fcgid in a subdirectory.

In the Apache conf file I entered an alias to /public in the PDNSoR appdir:

Alias /dnsadmin /srv/www/htdocs/powerdns-on-rails/public

I also adjusted the .htaccess accordingly to fit current needs:

 AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
 RewriteBase /dnsadmin

Now the PDNSoR app starts with a failure regarding the routing entry point:

 "No route matches "/dnsadmin/" with {:method=>:get"

Then I had a look to Google which told me to include something like
the following into config/environment.rb:

 config.action_controller.relative_url_root = "/dnsadmin"

After this PDNSoR runs properly except problems with accessing some images:

87.152.105.233 - - [19/Apr/2009:16:25:48 +0200] "GET
/images/top-background.png HTTP/1.1" 404 1330
87.152.105.233 - - [19/Apr/2009:16:25:48 +0200] "GET /images/error.png
HTTP/1.1" 404 1330
87.152.105.233 - - [19/Apr/2009:16:25:48 +0200] "GET
/images/exclamation.png HTTP/1.1" 404 1330
87.152.105.233 - - [19/Apr/2009:16:25:49 +0200] "GET
/images/accept.png HTTP/1.1" 404 1330

I think you might find this helpful to adjust the code to not ignore
the relative_url_root at these points :-)

I will let you know if there are any additional issues running it in
this constellation.

Br
Julian