[Pdns-users] NS caching bug reappears in recursor 3.1.6

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon May 26 14:47:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 09:48:07AM -0600, Darren Gamble wrote:
> OK.  Well, you can easily see this behavior on pretty much any domain,
> although the behavior doesn't cause an issue except in some unusual
> cases.  The situation I described is simply the one that results in many
> calls to our call center.

Ok - I've diagnosed the issue. It is caused by a small change that makes us
overwrite whole rrsets instead of merging them - something we discussed
earlier.

Since the rrset is now overwritten, the carefully designed logic that would
previously let the ttl record decay does not get into action.

I'm pondering the best way to fix this.

	Bert