[Pdns-users] Latency and cache size are correlated

Chet Nichols III chet.nichols at gmail.com
Sun May 4 06:39:04 UTC 2008

Hey Eugene-
I know you have a few issues you're trying to tackle- but I'm going to try
to focus on this one: ..you currently have people making recursive lookups
through your authoritative nameserver? Just making sure I'm reading that
right. If so, I don't entirely understand your reasoning- if you could
explain it again (in possibly a different way), we might be able to help you
come up with a better solution to split authoritative vs recursive lookups
so you're not mixing.

Talk to you soon, sorry if I'm asking the same question twice- thanks!

Chet

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Eugene Pefti <eugenep at w3media.net> wrote:

> Thanks, Alan!
>
> Unfortunately I can't set them apart. Lots of our clients use dns IPs to
> recursing and same IPs are added to domain name registrars registries. A
> thought came to me after reading your answer, if in my pdns.conf I allow
> recursion for my networks only does it mean that none of the questions
> asked
> by recursive servers will be answered by my authoritative server?
>
> Eugene

/*
Chet Nichols III
mail: chet.nichols at gmail.com