[Pdns-users] TinyDNS backend for PowerDNS

Duane duane at e164.org
Sat Mar 15 12:12:30 UTC 2008

Radek Hladik wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I've noticed the request for TinyDNS backend for PowerDNS in TODO
> list and I've decided to code something like that. The good news are
> that the backend is in beta state and looks working, the bad news are
> that its written in PHP using Pipe Backend. I really do not like C or
> C++ and my C/C++ skills are adequate that fact.
>     The main disadvantage is that the PHP backend is a little memory
> demanding, but nothing extra terrible. For basic performance estimates
> see the project page.
>     See http://powerdns.cybersales.cz/ for more details, download,
> etc... I would like to receive any feedback, ideas, etc... The code
> still needs a lot of work and improvements but should be working.

I tried to make a pipe backend but came up against a brick wall because
the DNS type sent to the backend was different then when asked by the user.

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://www.freeauth.org - Enterprise Two Factor Authentication
http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."