[Pdns-users] coordinated patch

Leen Besselink leen at wirehub.nl
Wed Jul 9 07:01:00 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 08:26:47AM +0200, bert hubert wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 07:47:45AM +0200, Leen Besselink wrote:
> > So now the question becomes did anyone inform Bert and/or PowerDNS too ?
>
> I knew about this stuff from the very beginning (February I think), even
> before CERT was involved. I was even supposed to go to the famous "meeting
> at microsoft", but the imminent birth of my son Maurits made me decide not
> to.
>
> When CERT started to coordinate, nobody told me since there was nothing to
> coordinate - PowerDNS was not vulnerable.
>
> After a while a PowerDNS user asked CERT to keep me in the loop anyhow, and
> I was able to add some small details to the advisory.
>
> Like a link to
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsext-forgery-resilience !
>

>From your blog I knew you were writing that draft, but it had only sank in
that it's the same thing later this morning. It was a bit late last night.

And I see now that the draft has been publically announced on the namedroppers
list a little over a week ago also.

Your blog-entry about the draft is from: 01/12/2007, that means before Dan
Kaminsky found the problem ? In his podcast he talks about a year.

If so it means you probably had a chuckle at the DNS & Crypto lunch as well. [0]

I'm still wondering what happend there.

[0] http://blog.netherlabs.nl/articles/2007/02/21/dns-crypto-power-lunch