[Pdns-users] Superslave not working with sqlite3

Mauro Calderara mcalderara at phys.ethz.ch
Wed Jul 9 07:41:10 UTC 2008

Hi everyone

When asking on the IRC channel yesterday 'ahu' told me to send the
request to the mailinglist. So here we go:

I run pdns 2.9.21, freebsd 7.0, sqlite 3.5.6, compiled from the
FreeBSD ports-tree. I try to have a bind9 host act as a hidden
supermaster for some zones. The supermaster is recorded in the
supermasters-table, but when it sends its notifies powerdns goes:

Jul  9 00:10:17 auth0 pdns[980]: gsqlite3: connection to '/var/db/
sqlite3/powerdns.sqlite3' succesful
Jul  9 00:10:17 auth0 last message repeated 2 times
Jul  9 00:10:25 auth0 pdns[980]: Received NOTIFY for domain.tld from
1.2.3.4 for which we are not authoritative
Jul  9 00:10:25 auth0 pdns[980]: Backend error: Database error trying
to insert new slave 'domain.tld': Error while retrieving SQLite query
results

And of course I get a srvfail when querying the server for the domain.

This is, I think, the same as described in http://www.nabble.com/sqlite3-superslave---doesn%27t-work-td13827119.html

In the thread referred to, someone sent a patch and the thread stops
without stating whether it works or is accepted upstream, so I wanted
to check for the status of this. I also tested with a svn-version from
20080625 (also from FreeBSD Ports) and got exactly the same error.

In case the configuration is of relevance, mine is very simple, it
reads:

config-name=auth0
daemon=yes
slave=yes
guardian=yes
setuid=powerdns
setgid=powerdns
launch=gsqlite3
gsqlite3-database=/var/db/sqlite3/powerdns.sqlite3

Thanks in advance,
Mauro