[Pdns-users] Single PDNS Instance Listen on Multiple IPs?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Feb 6 15:19:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:56:55PM +1100, Nicholas Orr wrote:
> I want to run the following.

Nicholas,

The best way to do this is to run multiple copies of PowerDNS
simultaneously. PowerDNS has easy support for this using the 'virtual'
configuration feature.

See http://doc.powerdns.com/virtual.html

Good luck!

> I don't want to run multiple instance of pdns either as that doesn't
> work very well for me - the box becomes really slow due to all the
> memory being used...

PowerDNS itself uses very little memory. Running 4 copies of PowerDNS will
only add 10MB to your RSS. So if it becomes really slow, something else is
going on.

Please let us know.