[Pdns-users] Help, recursor is too slow, mostly doesn't resolve queries

Eugene Pefti eugenep at w3media.net
Mon Apr 28 04:00:30 UTC 2008

I would highly appreciate if somebody help me. We rolled out powerdns into
production mode and after several hours of monitoring I found that the
recursor is not resolving queries.
The service restart could help but then again it fails. The only tell-tale
entry to the log file looks like this:

Apr 27 20:57:03 ns2 pdns[3780]: gmysql Connection succesful

Apr 27 20:57:03 ns2 pdns[3780]: Exception: unknown escape sequence

All pdns related packages were installed on CentOS using rpms from
ftp://ftp.monshouwer.eu/pub/linux/pdns-server

Eugene