[Pdns-users] Re: How Do SPF records work in PDNS? ( begionner)

Richard Vernooij richardvernooij at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 18 19:27:26 UTC 2006

I thought PRT record is the same? or do i misundertand. Can you please explain the difference? and what must i do in my case?

In my case several people do not get any mail, because there spamfilter blocks mail from our domains on our servers, due to Reverse or SPF settings . This is all i can understand, form the error messages.

In my Power admin is no such thing as a SPF TYPE.  only PRT / TXT etc..

I hope it is clear enough for you guys?

Please let me know.

thanks,

Richard.

Richard Vernooij wrote:
> I seem to have a problem that many messages from a webserver, or
> emailserver do not arrive on certain places.
>
> Now i found that it could be the reason, that i do not have SPF records
> for reverse DNS.

SPF has _nothing_ to do with reverse DNS.

> Now when i check
> http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=domainname.com (after
> a day with the real domain)
>
> I still have a warning about not having a spf record.

Well, then your domain does not have an SPF record.

Did you add a record of type "SPF" to your domain's zone?

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$310k for $999/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre