[Pdns-users] question about authority (im sure this has been asked a 100 times, sorry!)

Jordan Tardif jordan at hq.newdream.net
Tue Mar 28 19:43:46 UTC 2006

we are running powerdns on our main nameservers right now, but they are
not returning authoritve for any of the domains.. eg..

dig @ns1.dreamhost.com domain.com

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> @ns1.dreamhost.com plasmid.aldevron.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;domain.com.          IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
domain.com.   14400   IN      A       1.1.1.1

i have just used domain.com to hide a customers identity. I have tried
setting the master field in the powerdns database but that didnt work.
right now zones look like this..

| id     | name         | master        | last_check | type   | notified_serial | account |

| 130064 | domain.com | 66.33.206.206 |       NULL | NATIVE |            NULL | NULL    |

all have correct SOA and NS records. Any ideas on how i get this to start
being authoritative for these domains? im sure its something simple.
Thanks guys!

--
Jordan Tardif
DreamHost