[Pdns-users] Domain is stale

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Fri Jun 23 12:13:26 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 01:39:28PM +0200, bsd at de.clara.net wrote:

> > When it doesn't help, does it never help, no matter how many times you try?
> I tried again with "while true; do pdns_control retrieve domain; done

When you do, you do get this:

 "Added retrieval request for '"+domain+"' from master "+di.master;

from pdns_control, even when nothing happens?

> 1 minute later, it works:
> pdns[77216]: AXFR started for 'foo', transaction started
> pdns[77216]: AXFR done for 'foo', zone committed

Can you time? Is it *Exactly* one minute later?

Have you configured slave-cycle-interval perhaps?

> Could it be a database problem? The db runs on the same machine.

I don't think so, but it might be. What happens is that an AXFR is only
queued by pdns_control. Then there is a loop that checks if there is
something that needs to be AXFRd. This loop might not be running, or running
slowly.

That in turn might be caused by database problems. Which backend do you use?

	Bert