[Pdns-users] Two questions about powerdns

Oded Arbel oded at geek.co.il
Sun Jan 22 13:48:45 UTC 2006

On Sunday, 22 בJanuary 2006 13:19, bert hubert wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 01:14:28PM +0200, Oded Arbel wrote:
> > Thanks - is there a source RPM or spec file that I could look at ?
> > I don't particularly like to deploy unknown RPMs on my systems.
>
> The RPMs are as "known" as the source. There is a spec file in the
> tar.gz but as the PowerDNS RPM has heaps of dependencies, you'll have
> a lot of work building it yourself. But feel free to try it, download
> the tar.gz and run build-instructions/rpm-build or so.

I'm using Mandriva Linux. I used their 2.9.19 source RPM to build the
new version (change the tarball for the SRPM and fixed the spec), and
now it works as required - I got the slave bind named to update from
the powerdns.

Thank you!

--
Oded

::..
A Law of Computer Programming:
	Make it possible for programmers to write in English and you will find
the programmers cannot write in English.