[Pdns-users] Recursor 3.0.1 + RFC 1918

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Apr 27 07:27:42 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 04:28:33PM -0700, Mark Moseley wrote:
> If there's not a way to do this now, it might be a nice addition to the
> long-term wish list, if there is one, since it's clearly not a high priority
> request. Like an option called "rfc1918-forwarders" or something.

More generally, it appears heaps of people would be enjoy the following:

- ability to add a few hostnames to the DNS (for home/office use)
- ability to add full zones to the DNS
- ability to forward certain queries

I'd love to have something like --serve-etc-hosts whereby pdns would export
the /etc/hosts file, for example.

Being able to block rfc 1918 from going to AS112 is a BCP I think these days
so I'll have to implement it. Expect patches in a few hours.

> Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks!