[Pdns-users] Recursor 3.0.1 + RFC 1918

Mark Moseley moseleymark at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 23:28:33 UTC 2006

Just starting to play with recursor (though a long time pdns user). I'm
curious if there's a way that I've overlooked to forward queries (judging
from some old threads, I'm guessing probably not, but I figured I'd ask
anyway).

Since we use lots of RFC 1918 addresses, I'd like to still be able to
reverse resolve them. One very ugly kludge would be to do an on-box NAT'ing
for blackhole-1.iana.org and blackhole-2.iana.org to my forwarders, but the
fact that it's an ugly kludge makes me hope there's a better way.

If there's not a way to do this now, it might be a nice addition to the
long-term wish list, if there is one, since it's clearly not a high priority
request. Like an option called "rfc1918-forwarders" or something.

Keep up the excellent work!