[Pdns-users] Building the latest version from source...

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Sep 10 14:16:42 UTC 2005

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 04:08:22PM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
> 	I also don't want to use the package or ports stuff, because I
> want to try to be relatively platform-agnostic.  And besides, the
> current port for 2.9.18 doesn't build on FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE,
> anyway.  ;(

It is tested on 5.4-RELEASE, I don't have access to any 4.11 systems.

I've just released a snapshot release that is easier to build:
http://ds9a.nl/pdns/pdns-2.9.19-svn.tar.gz

On http://wiki.powerdns.com/projects/trac/wiki/HACKING there are exacting
instructions on how to build from Subversion, including FreeBSD specific
notes.

Please let me know if the tarball I released works for you, and what errors
you get compiling.

PowerDNS only has many dependencies if you decide to build with a lot of
database connectivity, you don't have to do that.

Good luck!