[Pdns-users] Building the latest version from source...

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Sep 6 19:35:08 UTC 2005

At 8:25 PM +0200 2005-09-06, bert hubert wrote:

>  I think a well-tuned PostgreSQL won't be any slower than MySQL out of the
>  box. In my experience, MySQL is fast out of the box. Some of the biggest
>  PowerDNS deployments (many millions of domains per server) have been with
>  PostgreSQL though.

	Okay, I'll plan on testing MySQL for my purposes, and will note
the use of PostgreSQL in the larger PowerDNS installations.

>  If you want to benchmark bind compatibility mode, you'd do people a favour
>  by testing against 2.9.19-to-be or Subversion, as that will be the default
>  from now on.

	Alright, I'll have to figure that out.  I'm not that up-to-speed
on Subversion, but I'll re-read the page again.

>  I'd suggest testing in MySQL mode and in Bind compatability mode. Also don't
>  hesitate to contact me if you experience problems.

	That had been my plan, but I was starting with 2.9.18.

>  Be sure to read http://doc.powerdns.com/performance.html !

	Will do.  Thanks!

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755