[Pdns-users] pdns recursor problems?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Sep 3 21:33:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 08:02:05PM -0500, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:

> Now that I have the PDNS-RECURSOR running, I am finding out that the
> recursor does not seem to be holding much information in a cache. Or. if
> it is then I do not have a large enough size as it seems to take me 2 or
> 3 attempts for PDNS to be able to resolve many addresses and I do not
> know what is causing this.

Please mention the details requested here:
http://doc.powerdns.com/faq.html#PDNS-HELP-FAQ

Also let me know your approximate query load.

Secondly, can you isolate the problem by connecting directly to the
recursor, not via the pdns_server?

Can you be a bit more precise, do you get a timeout? Or do you get SERVFAIL?

Thanks.