[Pdns-users] pdns recursor problems?

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Fri Sep 2 01:02:05 UTC 2005

Hello All,

I have been using PDNS with 3 instances and PDNS-RECURSOR running on a
single machine so that we can test.

Prior to now I had 3 PDNS instances and DNSCACHE running but there seems
to be some strange things going on with the DNSCACHE and it started
refusing connections from my PDNS instances.

Now that I have the PDNS-RECURSOR running, I am finding out that the
recursor does not seem to be holding much information in a cache. Or. if
it is then I do not have a large enough size as it seems to take me 2 or
3 attempts for PDNS to be able to resolve many addresses and I do not
know what is causing this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lonnie