[Pdns-users] Probably solved: Recursor process terminates

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Sep 3 11:13:33 UTC 2005

While doing performance work and testing g++ 4.0.1 the recursor process
started to crash for me as well. The fix is below, I think it explains
the pdns_recursor problems people have been reporting on RHEL.

Please retrieve
http://wiki.powerdns.com/projects/trac/changeset/465?format=diff

To apply, download pdns 2.9.18, untar, change to directory created, and then
run:

patch -p2 < the-file-you-just-downloaded

Then recompile. If that doesn't work, try -p3 or -p1.

This fix will be in a version of powerdns released soon.

Good luck and let me know if it helps!