[Pdns-users] FreeBSD vs. Linux

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Nov 5 12:38:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 05:17:39PM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	I'd be willing to bet that it has to do with threading.  FreeBSD
> doesn't support POSIX threads very well, or even any other kind of
> threads.

Even the recursor suffers from the problem, and that is basically single
threaded, using getcontext/setcontext/makecontext/swapcontext for stack
switching.

Profiling is also proving to be hard, I've tried gprof but its results are
suspect, listing a lot of internal symbols which appear to be gprof related.
Any hints?

Thanks.