[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor for localhost

defensegrid at gmx.net defensegrid at gmx.net
Thu Nov 3 18:10:42 UTC 2005

Hi
I'd like to run pdns-recursor on localhost without any integration into pdns
(i.e. the authoritative server).  It works fine, I'm only having one problem
I couldn't fix so far: I can't get localhost/127.0.0.1 resolved, since this
isn't a "recursable" domain. If I create a localhost-zone in pdns and set
"recursor=127.0.0.1" and then query pdns-IP from a host allowed to recurse,
it works. But that is not really what I want. Why doesn't pdns-recursor
resolve localhost internally, just like dnscache? dnscache always can
resolve localhost/127.0.0.1 without any server. That would save me two zones
in pdns, that would also become resolvable for everyone else (doesn't harm
anybody, just unnecessary IMO).
Any solution for this?
Thanks

--