[Pdns-users] pdns_recursor not logging

Ron Bickers rbickers-list-pdns at logicetc.com
Mon May 2 20:54:09 UTC 2005

On Thursday 28 April 2005 02:13 pm, Ron Bickers wrote:

> I'm running only pdns_recursor (not pdns -- yet) and it works well, but it
> doesn't log anything to syslog.  --daemon=no shows me everything I expect,
> but nothing in syslog either way.  The only thing I have in recursor.conf
> is local-address.
>
> I found in the archives that someone else was having the same problem, but
> there was no resolution posted.  I'm running FC3 and the pdns_recursor
> from svn r412, but 2.9.17 gives me the same results.

I take it no one else is having this problem.

I still haven't figured it out, but I turned --daemon off and sent the output
to a log file as a horrible hack until it can be fixed.

I ran syslogd in debug mode and it's not getting any messages from
pdns_recursor, so I presume that pdns_recursor isn't sending them.

--
Ron