[Pdns-users] pdns feature wish

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Jul 16 13:48:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 08:35:42AM -0400, Duane wrote:
> Currently we're using PDNS to power e164.org's enum zone which for the
> most part works very well, however one thing we were going to do (but

Good to hear!

> haven't gotten round to it yet) as a set of pgSQL back end stored
> procedures is have the back end do "smarter" enum.164 replies.

Ok - I understand you want to transfer these 'smart' things over AXFR?

> My question basically is, is there any possibility to have a method of
> storing records of enum type similar to above in MySQL and then having
> PDNS determine if there is a match.

This sounds like an extension to the regular DNS wildcard to be a real
regex?

Sounds cool - real 'embrace, extend' action.

Will you be using CNAMEs? They tend to clash with wildcards when they
overlap.

I'm pondering this regex stuff, it sounds like a nice idea.