[Pdns-users] pdns feature wish

Duane duane at e164.org
Sat Jul 16 12:35:42 UTC 2005

Currently we're using PDNS to power e164.org's enum zone which for the
most part works very well, however one thing we were going to do (but
haven't gotten round to it yet) as a set of pgSQL back end stored
procedures is have the back end do "smarter" enum.164 replies.

We have a number of weird number ranges stored and it would be
advantageous to store these in a more efficient manner and have the back
end reply with standard responses, rather then the current way of
storing every possible number in the range.

To give you a better idea of what I'm talking about, we were asked to
store 600 numbers/routes from a VoIP provider, however half the numbers
are voice and the other half are fax and are routed differently, and
just for fun the number ranges are from 2 different cities.

So the regular expression for the numbers looks something like:

+12348765[01][0-9][02468]
+12348765[01][0-9][13579]

+12345678[2-5][0-9][02468]
+12345678[2-5][0-9][13579]

My question basically is, is there any possibility to have a method of
storing records of enum type similar to above in MySQL and then having
PDNS determine if there is a match.

Since we're a non-profit I'm not sure how much we can donate, but we do
have some funds available to encourage someone to do this.

Also we're not using SQL replication for a number of reasons, so any
implementation would need to be able xfer the zone to other PDNS servers
as a bind compatible zone transfer.

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."