[Pdns-users] reverse mapping setup not clear to me

Richard Hubbell richard.hubbell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:42:33 UTC 2005

Hello,
I've done some reading but haven't found the trick to get reverse
mapping to work. I am using
pdns and it talks to pdns_recursor.   From what I've read I think the
reverse map file will be simple since I'm not authoritative for
anything, and it should reverse map all requests.  Can someone give me
an example db.* file so I can get this working?  Or is there a config
that I can set for reverse mapping?  I notice the problem with
traceroute.

Another feature I can't get to work is caching.   If I understand the
feature correctly it allows the caching of positive (and negative?)
queries.  I am using gsqlite db.

Version: 2.9.17

Thanks,
Richard