[Pdns-users] Automatically remove zones from slave

Derrik Pates demon at devrandom.net
Fri Aug 5 15:31:37 UTC 2005

Paulo Sousa wrote:
> Is there any way to automatically remove old zones from a superslave
> (removed previously from master)?
>
> In this way, when I remove some zone from master it will be removed also
> from slave. I'm using MySQL backend.

I wrote a custom Perl script which I run as a daily cron job to prune
slaved DNS zones from our supermaster instance. You may need to make a
few modifications, primarily to remove anything from the 'records' table
that needs to be (I use a somewhat customized schema that uses InnoDB's
'foreign key' relationship support).

--
Derrik Pates
demon at devrandom.net