[Pdns-users] questions about pdns deployment

Remco Post remco at pipsworld.nl
Sun Mar 7 20:09:06 UTC 2004

On Mar 7, 2004, at 15:50, JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> Gentlemen,

Hi,

> I am new on this list and I am not sure this is the proper place to
> ask. I am to organize the operations of a ccTLD with some complexity
> where virtual zones (managed through a database) will ne necessary. I
> am quite interested in PowerDNS. Would there be a list of TLD
> primaries and secondaries servers under PowerDNS? It would help me
> investigating and documenting a position.

http://www.powerdns.com/deployments/ list some references. I know there
must be more places where pdns is in use, I know I'm currently
investigating the use of powerdns in a high performance computing
environment.

> I am also concerned about the support of PowerDNS under OpenBSD. I am
> quite interested in OpenBSD due to the security it may provide.
> Information and comments welcome.

It seems that people have build pdns on openbsd before, so I don't see
a problem there.

> Last point, is that a good idea, and is there some experience; in
> storing the logger on an external machine. The idea I consider would
> be to consolidate logs on a central loging machine to get a permanent
> global view (primaries and secondaries) situation.

powerdns uses syslog so logging to a remote machine is easy...