[Pdns-users] Supermaster / Superslave confusion

Viktor Steinmann viktor.steinmann at ch.easynet.net
Fri Mar 19 07:41:03 UTC 2004

Hi there

I'm a bit confused about supermaster / superslave operation. I've read the
page in the manual over and over again, but it just isn't quite clear to me.

As I understand it, I have to create new domains just on the master (bind,
djbdns, pdns or any nameserver) and the superslave automatically pulls the
domain from the master and runs the zone as a slave from that moment on. Am
I completely wrong or is this the concept?

Thanks,
Viktor