[Pdns-users] PowerDNS crashes on OpenBSD.

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Sun Jan 4 16:49:59 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 01:20:27PM +0200, Tomasz Pajor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to ask, if somebody know anything about PowerDNS crashes in OpenBSD.
> I am running PowerDNS on my one machine, it's not working well, it works
> fine for about 1-2 hours and crashes, from unknown for me reason.(core dump)
> Machine OS:

OpenBSD is known to have problems with PowerDNS. Some problems are rumored
to go away if you use a less outdated compiler.

> But it won't even work for 5 minutes, right after startup it crashes.(core
> dump)

Can you canalyze the coredump? 'gdb /usr/local/sbin/pdns_server core', and
then enter 'bt' as command.

What we know so far about this problem points to parts of OpenBSD being
broken.

Let me know if using a more recent compiler helps!