[Pdns-users] How not to approach PowerDNS

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Thu Nov 13 17:27:01 UTC 2003

bert hubert wrote:

> So far all PowerDNS users have been my friends but today this happened:
>
> 12:58 <ahu> and you run woody?
> 13:00 <ahu> works fine here with that deb
> 13:00 <ahu> ok, I need to go now, can you mail me the *exact* configuration file? ahu at ds9a.nl
> 13:04 <meebey> I will

Did he ever?

> 14:54 <meebey> apt-get --purge remove pdns

Umm.... someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that supposed to be:

dpkg --purge pdns?

Oh wait, better still...

It was supposed to be:

apt-get install a-f_cking-clue

> 14:54 <meebey> OSS software without proffesionall bugtracking I dont use

Grade-A dork.  N00bs like this aren't worth your time. ;)

> My skin isn't thick enough for this kind of thing yet. So please, when
> reporting bugs, be friendly to me...

I don't bite.  Hard.  And I've had my shots.  O;)

Seriously, you shouldn't have to take that kind of shit from anyone.
But yeah, these folks take a bit of getting used to.

For your enjoyment for what my colleagues and I have to deal with on a
daily basis on my home IRC network, EsperNet, go check out:

http://www.soaring.demon.co.uk/Dragonweyr.txt

Hope that picks up your day. ;)

--Ian.