[Pdns-users] How not to approach PowerDNS

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Wed Nov 12 15:41:17 UTC 2003

Jason A Warren wrote:
> Our company had one similar to the MAILER-DAEMON, but was a older lady who
> was very religious and frowned on the fact that someone was sending her
> email labeled as so. And once we tried to explain, all she heard was that it
> came from us. She left to go to a locally owned Christian filtered internet
> company.

When I worked at an ISP, we had a guy who bought a used modem from my
boss. He was a flaming jerk on his good days, and on this day I had the
pleasure of receiving a call because he was angry that the modem didn't
work.

Of course, since he was also dishonest, he didn't bother saying anything
about the AC adapter. He was plugging another AC adapter into the modem.
He finally asked if he should be using the AC adapter we sold him, and
it gave me great pleasure to inform him that yes, he should, otherwise
due to the differences in voltages/amperages he might fry his modem, and
if he did, he would get no support and no refunds.

"Oh."

*click*

I enjoyed chatting with most of my customers at that ISP, but there were
a couple people like him who were total losers. I can handle people who
are ignorant or uneducated about the technology, and I can generally
handle angry customers with no problems, but when people get annoyed due
to their own stupidity, I can't deal well with that. Keith was one of
those people who was stupid AND had an attitude.

Fortunately, he left us for the $10/month bottom-feeder local ISP that
had no customer service whatsoever. Ahhh, a match made in heaven. :)

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950