[Pdns-users] Porblems PowerDNS 2.9.6 - Windows

Michel Stol michel at powerdns.com
Thu Mar 13 12:11:54 UTC 2003

Hi Patricio,

>We have attempted to use v.2.9.6 which supposedly fixes this problem but we
>are unable to. The strange issue is that v2.9.5 works and v2.9.6 does not
>work. I have included a copy of our pdns.conf file and a copy of the error
>message we receive. Basically it says it is not authoritative for a domain
>when on v.2.9.5. it works fine.
>
>If anyone has any ideas we will greatly appreciate them, reseting a server
>daily is not an option anymore.
>
>ERROR LOG
>C:\Program Files\PowerDNS>pdns
>This is module godbcbackend reporting
>This is a standalone pdns
>Listening on named pipe.
>Opened file './pdns.conf' for configuration
>UDP server bound to 65.xxx.xxx.xx:53
>TCP server bound to 65.xxx.xxx.xx:53
>PowerDNS 2.9.6-WIN32 (Feb 16 2003, 20:37:14) starting up
>GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (GPL)
>PowerDNS 2.9.6-WIN32 (Feb 16 2003, 20:37:14) starting up
>Launched webserver on 127.0.0.1:8081
>Creating backend connection for TCP
>godbc Connection succesful
>About to create 3 backend threads
>godbc Connection succesful
>godbc Connection succesful
>godbc Connection succesful
>Done launching threads, ready to distribute questions
>Not authoritative for 'www.matzo.org', sending servfail to 208.204.150.215
>Not authoritative for 'matzo.net', sending servfail to 66.33.60.245

It has been quite a while since my last mail to this list, but I couldn't send mail due to a recent ISP change.

I still think it has something to do with your DNS setup (the data in the database), but I might be wrong ofcourse.

Can you try starting PDNS in a console with 'loglevel=9' in the config file?

And does it work when using the regular ODBC backend with 2.9.6 (which is still available in that version)?

Greetings,

- Michel Stol