[Pdns-users] Porblems PowerDNS 2.9.6 - Windows

Patricio Valdes valdes at parava.net
Tue Mar 11 18:01:55 UTC 2003

We are currently using PowerDNS v. 2.9.5 for Windows and it works fine
except for one major problem, it leaks memory and server has to be reset
everyday otherwise PDNS crashes.

We have attempted to use v.2.9.6 which supposedly fixes this problem but we
are unable to. The strange issue is that v2.9.5 works and v2.9.6 does not
work. I have included a copy of our pdns.conf file and a copy of the error
message we receive. Basically it says it is not authoritative for a domain
when on v.2.9.5. it works fine.

If anyone has any ideas we will greatly appreciate them, reseting a server
daily is not an option anymore.

Thanks.

Patricio Valdes
Parava Networks

PDNS.CONF
# PDNS configuration file.
local-address=65.xxx.xxx.xx

# Use NT logging when running as a service:
use-ntlog=yes

# Backends to launch at startup:
launch=godbc

godbc-datasource=PowerDNS
godbc-username=PowerDNS
godbc-password=PowerDNS
# Launch a statistical webserver:
webserver=yes
webserver-port=8081

# EOF

ERROR LOG
C:\Program Files\PowerDNS>pdns
This is module godbcbackend reporting
This is a standalone pdns
Listening on named pipe.
Opened file './pdns.conf' for configuration
UDP server bound to 65.xxx.xxx.xx:53
TCP server bound to 65.xxx.xxx.xx:53
PowerDNS 2.9.6-WIN32 (Feb 16 2003, 20:37:14) starting up
GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (GPL)
PowerDNS 2.9.6-WIN32 (Feb 16 2003, 20:37:14) starting up
Launched webserver on 127.0.0.1:8081
Creating backend connection for TCP
godbc Connection succesful
About to create 3 backend threads
godbc Connection succesful
godbc Connection succesful
godbc Connection succesful
Done launching threads, ready to distribute questions
Not authoritative for 'www.matzo.org', sending servfail to 208.204.150.215
Not authoritative for 'matzo.net', sending servfail to 66.33.60.245