[Pdns-users] No TCP answer

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Mon Mar 3 11:37:49 UTC 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 10:23:02AM +0100, A/S ScanNet - Dan Faerch wrote:
> Ok..
>
> >From the log, there is one of theese for each TCP query:
> ns pdns[25874]: TCP nameserver: Error connecting: Connection refused
>
> and nothing else...

Ok - this means that it could not connect to the recursor over TCP for a
recursive question. Which is well possible as the powerdns native recursor
does not do TCP yet. This should not be noticeable as recursing queries
happen over UDP 99.99% of the time.

But then again, this is something we should fix.

Can you check if "dig +norecurs +tcp fake.dk @ns.scannet2.dk" gives the right
answer?

Regards,

bert