[Pdns-users] No TCP answer

A/S ScanNet - Dan Faerch dan at scannet.dk
Mon Mar 3 09:23:02 UTC 2003

Ok..

>From the log, there is one of theese for each TCP query:
ns pdns[25874]: TCP nameserver: Error connecting: Connection refused

and nothing else...

Ive attached my pdns.conf, almost intact.. This is running on a debian and
everything, except the recursor, is installed from the package..

my 'host' command uses -T. for tcp.. But you can try it yourself:
host -T (or -u) fake.dk ns.scannet2.dk

(yes, fake.dk is an actual domain).. You cant.. But you CAN however zone
transfer..

In 'lsof -i' i have:
pdns_serv 24791 root    4u  IPv4 1293947       UDP *:domain
pdns_serv 24791 root    5u  IPv4 1293948       TCP *:domain (LISTEN)

so the port should be up and running..

> > in the config i have: 'disable-tcp=no'
> This is the default, so there is no need to specify that.
I enabled this, when i discovered TCP didnt work..

Everything else is working perfectly.. We've just thrashed our old bind
servers and are now running pdns on both ns and ns2, the TCP thing is
actually the only problem (and the recusor mysteriously shutting down now
and then, but that different thread :) )... I have to say that we are VERY
impressed with the speed of the server+ recursor..

- Dan