[Pdns-users] PowerDNS and MsSQL

David Asi dd at asi.fr
Tue Jul 8 15:41:38 UTC 2003

I do exactly what u do mysql manage records via odbc i diddnt manage to use
gmysql under windows ...
I was obliged to put --local-address in mysql moitor console.

I folow sample database at :
http://downloads.powerdns.com/documentation/html/configuring-db-connection.html

I get an error similar to yours :

> godbc Connection succesful
> Authoritative empty NO ERROR to 208.204.150.215 for 'www.maldivez.com'
(A),
> othe
> r types do exist

> Any ideas? Thanks.

I strictly dont know perhaps there is a dns reverse check somewhere ?

My purpose is to make a local dns on my workstation (windows xp).
I d like to manage records of domain I m working on locally via mysql and
for the others i d like to forwards queries to my isp dns ...

How can I do to forward ?

Bind has a syntax like :
*.your-domain.org.	IN	A	10.0.1.12
it manage to say that every machines of your-domain.org point to 10.0.1.12.
How to do that with powerdns ? Is there any wildcard ?

Thanks.