[Pdns-users] PowerDNS and MsSQL

Patricio Valdes valdes at parava.net
Tue Jul 8 15:03:31 UTC 2003

We have successfully launched PowerDNS with ODBC and MsSQL. We want to
migrate to godbc and MsSQL.

Unfortunately we have been unable to get it to work. We can connect to MsSQL
without a problem. We can also make it work with Access DB but when
switching the ODBC datasource to MsSQL we get the following errors:

PowerDNS 2.9.6-WIN32 (Feb 16 2003, 20:37:14) starting up
GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (GPL)
PowerDNS 2.9.6-WIN32 (Feb 16 2003, 20:37:14) starting up
Creating backend connection for TCP
Launched webserver on 127.0.0.1:8081
godbc Connection succesful
About to create 3 backend threads
godbc Connection succesful
godbc Connection succesful
godbc Connection succesful
Done launching threads, ready to distribute questions
Caught unknown exception in Distributor thread 3100680
Caught unknown exception in Distributor thread 3100944
Distributor misses a thread (2<3), spawning new one
godbc Connection succesful
Authoritative empty NO ERROR to 208.204.150.215 for 'www.maldivez.com' (A),
othe
r types do exist