[Pdns-users] PowerDNS error + forward + wildcards

David Asi dd at asi.fr
Tue Jul 8 16:02:40 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I do exactly what "Patricio Valdes" do, and get so the same error :

> godbc Connection succesful
> Authoritative empty NO ERROR to 208.204.150.215 for 'www.maldivez.com'
(A),
> othe
> r types do exist

Mysql manage records via odbc i diddnt manage to use
gmysql under windows ...

I folow sample database at :
http://downloads.powerdns.com/documentation/html/configuring-db-connection.html

My purpose is to make a local dns on my workstation (windows xp).
I d like to manage records of domain I m working on locally via mysql and
for the others i d like to forwards queries to my isp dns ...
So I can tells all my apps to check my local dns ...

1) How can I do to forward ?
That means tell to check isp dns if no records were found locally ...

2) Bind has a syntax like :
*.your-domain.org. IN A 10.0.1.12
it manage to say that every machines of your-domain.org point to 10.0.1.12.
How to do that with powerdns ? Is there any wildcard ?

Thanks.