[Pdns-users] BIND backend

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Wed Apr 30 18:49:52 UTC 2003

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 07:05:53PM -0700, gkearns at snakeden.org wrote:

> So, I proceeded to point PowerDNS at my 500,000 zone named.conf and fired
> it up in "monitor" mode. As it was parsing the zones, I tried to query it
> for domains that had already scrolled past; it wouldn't even accept the
> connection.

Hmm, so it does not answer any packets at all? Or it does not even connect
over TCP? Sorry for not answering earlier, your message was stuck in the
moderation queue.

Can you try with bind2backend and see if it does the same? Anything I can do
to help further, just let me know. I think I have an idea what is happening.

> Is this actually supposed to work?

You bet it is. But perhaps I broke it.

Regards,

bert