[Pdns-dev] fixed binary for the high SQL load since today!
ahu at ds9a.nl
Sat Jan 10 19:13:59 CET 2004
Only read the following if you run PowerDNS in master or in slave mode. If
you run Linux, you can follow the instructions below. If you do not, or want
to compile yourself, apply the patch referenced below.
There is now a fixed version available which you can try if you are unable
to recompile with the patch as described in:
There is a precompiled binary, with some caveats, for linux available on:
1) This was made in a hurry
2) Because of recent changes in Debian, we had to do compile our own
postgresql to get this to work, which makes some changes.
The suggested procedure is:
1) copy your current /usr/sbin/pdns_server to a safe place
2) bunzip the pdns_server.bz2 file you just downloaded
3) move the resultant pdns_server over to /usr/sbin/pdns_server
4) If you user postgresql user, and you did not previously have a
gpgsql-host setting in the configuration, add the following to pdns.conf:
5) restart pdns
6) VERIFY PROPER OPERATIONS
My girlfriend celebrates her birthday starting now, but for a mere 500 euros
I'm available to help you. Email me. Otherwise, visit #powerdns on IRCNET.
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO
More information about the Pdns-dev