[dnsdist] pool selection without implicit accept

Chris Hofstaedtler | Deduktiva chris.hofstaedtler at deduktiva.com
Mon Jul 22 17:57:53 UTC 2019

* Remi Gacogne <remi.gacogne at powerdns.com> [190712 16:08]:
> That would make it possible to do something like that in a generic way:
>
> addAction({ 'rate1.com','aaaaa.aa' }, ContinueAction(PoolAction("static")))
>
> I don't think it would be too complicated to implement and since it
> would be self-contained we could even consider it for 1.4.0.
>
> Any thoughts?

Sounds good to me.

At a future time maybe all currently terminating actions could be
reviewed and possibly be turned into SetXxxAction (ex SetPoolAction)
which then would imply "Continue". Personally I like the iptables design
where there are only very few terminating actions ("targets" in
iptables lingo), and almost everything else implicitly continues.
Writing this in a very vague way as I haven't even done a
preliminary analysis what this would entail...

--
Chris Hofstaedtler / Deduktiva GmbH (FN 418592 b, HG Wien)
www.deduktiva.com / +43 1 353 1707