[dnsdist] Manage dnsdist with ansible

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Tue Aug 8 08:27:39 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 08/07/2017 02:20 PM, Alejandro Adroher Mellado wrote:
> Thanks for your clarification. There is any plan for this
> implementation? Or time estimation? Just to know if I can follow
> planning my ansible project through API or maybe not and I need to
> use other ways to reach my goal (like controlsocket)

I don't have any time estimate, sorry. My original goal was to implement
it for 1.2.0, but now that seems unlikely. I would like to release 1.2.0
quite soon because a lot of features have been added since 1.1.0, and
some users are not comfortable with running the git master version,
which I completely understand.

> In other side I've just saw the "setAPIWritable(allow[, dir])"
> command and I would like to know if I can try to play or interact
> with on my test env. or maybe is not fully functional yet.

Right now that only makes it possible to update the ACL from the API,
but nothing else.