[dnsdist] dnsdist - makeKey() only works with libsodium support?

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Wed May 18 11:05:20 UTC 2016

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 18 May 2016 12:52:04 +0200
Bit World Computing - Michael Mertel <michael.mertel at bwc.de> wrote:

> A short search showed that this has something to do with libsodium support, which does not seem to be enabled in repo "trusty-dnsdist-10 main“.
>
> Is this correct and can I do anything to have this enabled, except compiling dnsdist by myself? libsodium is installed on my system.

This is correct, Ubuntu Trusty does not have libsodium in its repos[1] so dnsdist is not linked against it. If you need libsodium suppor ton trusty, you indeed to compile it yourself after installing libsodium.

Best regards,

Pieter

1 - http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=trusty&keywords=libsodium

--