[Powermail-users] Authoritative answer problem

stephen stephend at nexacom.com.au
Fri Nov 28 13:27:21 CET 2003

Hi

I have setup PowerDNS and it all seems to be running ok and it answers all
my queries but none of them ever come back as Authoritative, if I make the
query against a secondary server running bind it does come back as
Authoritative.

I used the zone2sql to extract the information from the bind config files.
(this bind server was running on this server and returning Authoritative
results prior to switching to PowerDNS).

The command used to extra the information from my bind configuration.
/usr/local/bin/zone2sql --gmysql --slave --named-conf=/etc/named.conf >
powerdns.txt

I currently have this Nameserver running as a secondary for a different
domain hence the --slave option.

Thank you.

Regards
Stephen Davey