[Pdns-users] How to config pdns to send notification to addres not in "IN NS" record.

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Tue Mar 12 11:54:23 UTC 2024

On 12/03/2024 11:40, Bino Oetomo wrote:
> I run --> tcpdump -vv --interface eth1 port 53 at powerdns box , got
> no traffic indicating notification sent.
> But when I restart the bind9 service at the slave, tcpdump shows some
> traffic to and from slave.
>
> So still IMHO my pdns box did not send any notification to slaves.

OK, so next you said you "did some record editing ", how exactly did you
do that? Editing the zone files and restarting or reloading pdns? Via
the API? Something else?

There's information about the bind backend, including its behavior
w.r.t. notifies, here:

https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/backends/bind.html

In particular, note that restarting powerdns will *not* send out notifies.