[Pdns-users] How to config pdns to send notification to addres not in "IN NS" record.

Bino Oetomo wowon01 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 11:40:55 UTC 2024

On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 5:58 PM Brian Candler <b.candler at pobox.com> wrote:

> On 12/03/2024 10:41, Bino Oetomo via Pdns-users wrote:
> > dear all
> >
> > I have a cpanel box with powerdns as it's DNS server. it's IP address
> > is 192.168.1.101

> > zone "domain0.bino" {
> > type secondary;
> > file "/var/named/domain0.bino.db";
> > primaries {103.30.144.60;};
> > };
> >
> 103.30.144.60 != 192.168.1.101
>
> If the powerDNS and bind boxes are behind NAT without VPN tunnels
> between them, then this is going to cause you problems (e.g.
> 192.168.1.101 may not be able to send to 192.168.8.79)
>
> You can use tcpdump at both ends to see if notifications are being sent
> from the primary, and if they are, whether they are being received by
> the secondary.

Dear Brian.
I Really appreciate your help

I changed it to 192.168.1.101, still there is no notification received at
the slave.

I run --> tcpdump -vv --interface eth1 port 53 at powerdns box , got no
traffic indicating notification sent.
But when I restart the bind9 service at the slave, tcpdump shows some
traffic to and from slave.

So still IMHO my pdns box did not send any notification to slaves.

Sincerely
-bino-