[Pdns-users] Logging to /var/log/messages

Ian Goldstein (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK) igoldstein5 at bloomberg.net
Wed Sep 13 21:48:40 UTC 2023

I have a pretty standard configuration, but want my logs to go to a separate file.

I set my pdns.conf file to

logging-facility=1

I set my rsyslog.conf file as follows:

local1.* {

# Logging for powerdns

  # facility-specific targets

  action( type="omfile" file="/var/log/pdns.log")

}

I updated my systemd file with the following line ( no --disable-syslog option)

ExecStart=/usr/sbin/pdns_server --guardian=no --daemon=no  --log-timestamp=no --write-pid=no

While I am successfully logging to /var/log/pdns.log, I am also logging to /var/log/messages which I do not want.
Any suggestions
Thanks in advance.