[Pdns-users] PDNS repos request

Alex Pavlov admin at livas.lv
Thu Oct 5 18:36:19 UTC 2023

Thanks Peter,

As the ready for deployment DEB files all deleted, I have now only one way of recompiling binaries from sources.
I'm not telling that it is not doable, but 10 seconds install process with "dpkg -i..." now turns in to much longer process for me.
As the compiling already thrown some dependency libraries errors of mismatching versions... one of them h2o with libssl for enabling DoH and DoT in DNSDIST (in the builder.sh that you described below, as I need to add DoH & DoT). I don't know why those errors there and why libraries were replaced some years ago.
In genera need to say that the idea is not to have old Ubuntu and old PDNS releases in production, but rather use it as step-by-step version updating DNSDIST 1.4->1.5->1.6->1.7->1.8 and same with PDNS from 4.2.3->4.3.2->up to latest stable.
Every version jump requires sometimes adjust the conf file or MySQL tables (backend for PDNS-AUTH), as per Documented guides (version upgrade guides).

And here is one update I already moved to DNSDIST 1.5.2 with DoH and DoT enabled.
Noted one strange behavior.
After generated certs and keys with CertBot , added the line in dnsdist.conf like this:
addDOHLocal('IPaddress x.x.x.x, {'/etc/ssl/certs/site1.com.pem', '/etc/ssl/certs/site2.com.pem'}, {'/etc/ssl/private/site1.com.key', '/etc/ssl/private/site2.com.key'})

As seen on config I have more than one domains on one DNS server IP: site1.com and site2.com
So generated pairs of cert+key for ns.site1.com and for ns.site2.com.
All seems working and answering on https requests, but sometimes wrong...
So when checking for example https://ns.site1.com it gives me cert with ns.site2.com name.
But sometimes gives a correct cert for ns.site1 or ns.site2...

Is it fixed on newer DNSDIST versions after 1.5.2 ? Or maybe my config is wrong ?

Regards,
Alex.