[Pdns-users] PDNS repos request

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Thu Oct 5 15:45:55 UTC 2023

On Tue, 2023-10-03 at 20:38 +0300, Alex Pavlov via Pdns-users wrote:
> Hello To all PDNS admins,
>
> Recently the  older PDNS repos were deleted from official PDNS Repo
> website.
> The distros for Ubuntu 16.x (Xenial) and 18.x (Bionic) were wiped out
> without any link to “archives” or “old releases”.

As indicated by another reply in this thread, yes, those releases are
EOL, and thus we do not publish packages for them.

It's easy to rebuild these packages for yourself if you really need them:

1. clone our git repo (https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns)
2. check out the version you want
3. update submodules (git submodule update --init --recursive)
4. run builder/build.sh to see what arguments it supports
5. then run builder/build.sh with the arguments you want (for example,
builder/build.sh -m recursor ubuntu-bionic)

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
PowerDNS.com B.V. - https://www.powerdns.com/